Emergency Room and Emergency Care Services for Chest Pain & Heart Attack
Chest Pain & Heart Attack can be a medical emergency. ER of Texas provides 24-hour emergency care with no wait.
If you or a loved one is displaying symptoms of a heart attack or experiencing new or worsening chest pain, call 911 or contact ER of Texas right away. We provide high-quality emergency medical services, including chest pain and heart attack treatment in Lewisville, Frisco, and the neighboring communities.
What Are Signs of a Heart Attack
While some heart attacks come on suddenly, others are more gradual. Be sure to pay attention to all heart attack warning signs and seek immediate emergency attention if you or someone you love is experiencing any of the symptoms of a heart attack.
Heart attack warning signs include:
Chest Pain and Discomfort: In most cases, heart attacks are accompanied by some degree of chest pain or discomfort (angina). Typically, the feeling is located in the center of the chest and lasts for
a few minutes or more. Chest pain and discomfort might feel like:
- Shortness of Breath: Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing can also be a warning sign of a heart attack, particularly when it is accompanied by chest pain or discomfort. Note, however, that shortness of breath does not always occur alongside chest pain and may occur on its own or with other additional symptoms.
- Other Discomfort: In addition to chest pain and discomfort, a person experiencing a heart attack might experience pain and discomfort in other areas of the body, including in one or both arms, the neck, jaw, back, or stomach.
Other heart attack warning signs include lightheadedness, cold sweats, and nausea.
It is also important to note that men and women may experience different heart attack symptoms. For example, women are more likely to experience shortness of breath, pain in the jaw or back, and nausea, either with or without vomiting.
Even if you are not sure that what you are experiencing is a heart attack, it is always better to call 911. Do not hesitate to seek emergency medical attention if you believe you or anyone else may be suffering from a heart attack.
Is Chest Pain Always a Heart Attack?
While chest pain, also known as angina, is the most common warning sign of a heart attack, experiencing chest pain does not always indicate that a person is experiencing a heart attack.
Other conditions that may cause angina include:
- Gastroesophageal reflux diseases (GERD) or heart burn
- Stomach ulcers or gallstones
- Inflammation of the stomach lining (gastritis)
- Asthma/asthma attack
- Strains or sprains of chest muscles or tendons
- Panic attacks
More serious causes of chest pain other than heart attacks include:
- Myocarditis: The inflammation of a heart muscles (often accompanied by fever, difficulty breathing, and fatigue)
- Mitral Valve Prolapse: Occurs when the mitral valve of the heart does not properly close
- Aortic Dissection: A tear that forms in the aorta, which can be life-threatening, and is often accompanied by sudden, severe pain in the back, neck, or abdomen
- Pericarditis: Infection or inflammation of the pericardium, or double-walled sac surrounding the heart; pain often gets worse when lying on the back, breathing, or swallowing
At ER of Texas, we utilize cutting-edge diagnostic tools, including state-of-the-art imaging technology, in order to obtain a fast, accurate diagnosis. This allows us to begin treatment immediately and take necessary measures to care for patients experiencing chest pain and heart attack symptoms.
Call near ER of Texas Now
At our high-end, state-of-the-art facilities, located in Little Elm and Highland Village, we provide top-quality treatment for patients experiencing serious medical emergencies. If you need emergency heart attack care in Lewisville or are seeking treatment for chest pain in the surrounding region, please do not hesitate to give us a call or call 911. Our facility can provide extended observation care as well, if needed.
If you’re experiencing chest pain, please visit one of our emergency center locations. We are here to help 24/7. We can be reached at online contact form.
ER OF TEXASWhy We Are Your First Choice for Emergency Care
Personalized Quality Care
In-house Lab, X-Ray & CT Scan
Fast Emergency Care Available 24/7
All Physicians Are Board Certified
Commitment to Care When you Need it MostPatients Share Their Experiences
“I went to ER of Texas in the middle of the night on a weekend. I was greeted with a smile and was able to see a doctor right away. The staff were so professional & compassionate and took great care of me.”- Connie
“I have had to come to ER of Texas twice, and each time has been such a pleasant experience. They took such great care of my 3 year old and when I had to come. They get you in and out efficiently which is a PLUS. I highly recommend them!”- Jeanette V
“All the physician's at ER of Texas does an incredible work. I would like to thank you guys so much for the amazing treatment and care you gave us. I appreciate you very much for everything. I also want to thank everyone else that took care of me.”- Judy L